Sunday, November 1, 2009

November???

I seriously cannot believe it is November. I know the whirlwind is about to start. Birthdays, then Thanksgiving, then Jakey's birthday, then DECEMBER! I really want to make sure that things don't get out of control this year. It seems that when we get to this time of year time speeds up, and before you know it, it's all over. I don't want that.
So I am trying to figure out a way to make sure that I savor every day of this season. I want to make it last, and not get caught up in the stress of getting everything done. I want to be able to relax, and spend time with my family. To have those snuggle on the couch with a Christmas movie, and some hot chocolate moments. To be able to watch all the Christmas specials, and go to the concerts and festivals, all the stuff that the kids will remember.
But most of all I want to be able to focus on the real meaning of the season. Jesus gave up everything to come down as a tiny baby and be at the mercy of mankind, all for us! I wish that we could just stop everything and spend the season with our families focusing on this fact. Wouldn't that be amazing? Too bad life has to go on! So I guess I will just have to settle for giving it my best to keep the focus and be present in the present! Ask me how I did in January!
Here is one of my favorite Christmas songs. Enjoy!! Now I'm going to have to get my Christmas music out!

Welcome To Our World-Chris Rice
Tears are falling, hearts are breaking
How we need to hear from God
You've been promised, we've been waiting
Welcome Holy Child
Welcome Holy Child

Hope that you don't mind our manger
How I wish we would have known
But long-awaited Holy Stranger
Make Yourself at home
Please make Yourself at home

Bring Your peace into our violence
Bid our hungry souls be filled
Word now breaking Heaven's silence
Welcome to our world
Welcome to our world

Fragile finger sent to heal us
Tender brow prepared for thorn
Tiny heart whose blood will save us
Unto us is born
Unto us is born

So wrap our injured flesh around You
Breathe our air and walk our sod
Rob our sin and make us holy
Perfect Son of God
Perfect Son of God
Welcome to our world

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the bolgosphere sis! I just found your page. I look forward to keeping up on it.

    ReplyDelete